Students at the Science Academy of Chicago participate in various competitions throughout the year. In the last few years, our students have participated and have received awards in all of the STEAM fields – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math.
This year, we are striving for more and our students are participating in two new writing competitions – the Illinois Young Author’s contest hosted by the Illinois Language and Literacy Council and the Kids Are Authors contest hosted by Scholastic.
Below is a selection of our achievements in the past two years.
- Awards and Recognition from Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) State Expositions
- 3 Gold Medals in both Paper and Poster sessions.
- Dr. Lyell Thomas Memorial Award for Supporting Outstanding Student Research in Science
- 1st and 2nd Place for poster presentation and the Best Engineering Design at the Seaperch Navy City Outreach Detroit Regional
- Noetic Learning Math Contest Awards includes
- 4 National Honor Rolls
- 7 Team Winners Medal.
- 28 students received honorable mentions.
- Silver Medal at the Six Flags Great America Music Festival
- Excellent Rating in the Band O Rama Music Festival
- Best Land Surveying Practice and Most Innovative Fire Protection Design awards from Future City.
- Finalist Alliance 2nd Selection at the Illinois FIRST Tech Challenge
- Awards and Recognition from the IJAS Region 2 Chicago Non-Public Schools’ Science Exposition
- 3 Awards in Paper Sessions in the Category of Botany and Health Science
- 17 Awards in Poster Sessions in the Category of Behavioral Science, Botany, Chemistry, Consumer Science, Health Science, Material Science, and Physics
- Special Awards from Concept Schools and J Michael Consultants
- 1 Superior Achievement Paper Awards
- 1 Superior Achievements Poster Awards
- 2 Poster Award of Excellence
- 4 Top Poster Awards
- 6 Gold Medals, 1 Special Awards and 1 Silver Medal at the Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) State Science Fair
- “State Champion Nomination” and “Inspirational Award” at the Illinois FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC)
- “State Judge Award” at the Michigan FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC)
- Motivational Award at the Future City Competition
- 2ndand 3rd place for the 7th & 8th Grade Illinois Math League
- “Rookie Award” FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC)
- Honor Roll Medals from the Noetic Learning Math Contest
- 1 Gold Medal, 4 Silver Medals and 1 Bronze Medal at the 2014 Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) State Science Fair
- 8 Honor Roll Medals from the Noetic Learning Math Contest
- 1stPlace at the Concept Schools Science and Engineering Fair
- First place in the FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Indiana State Championship
- “The Best Elementary School “award from Mathcon Contest
- 1st and 3rd place for the 5th Grade from Mathcon Contest
- 1st place at Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) Regional Science Fair out of 50 non-public schools